Follow us on


For teams wishing to travel outside the province, travel approval is required from your local association and your affiliated association. 


Teams are not covered under the accident policy.  ONLY LIABILITY coverage extends beyond Canada.

Whether it be for tournaments or inter-league play, the team is obligated to ensure that all participants have Out of Country Accident Coverage.

ENSURE your provider specifically covers you for SPORT ACCIDENT.

Many insurance companies offer this and it is not required that you purchase it through our carrier.

Otherwise, travel insurance can be purchased through the OBA provider (link on the OBA website Home - OBA ( then  Safe Sport, Insurance, Buy Insurance).

Alternatively, teams can have parents sign off to the understanding that the team has not purchased travel medical for the team and that they will be responsible for any treatment sought out of country through whatever personal coverage they have or obtain.

Out of Province Travel Approval / Tournament Host Insurance Certificate Request Process

Any fees incurred throughout this process are the responsibility of the team requesting for Travel Approval.

  1. Written Permission from your Local, with the Locals EOBA Rep or President’s signature.
    • All approvals need to be on Local Letterhead.
    • The Requester and Approver can’t be the same person to avoid conflicts.
    • They can be physically signed, or eSignature is sufficient.
  2. Complete Out of Country Travel Approval Form.
  3. The Local Permission signed letter must be attached to the Out of Country Travel Approval Form .  Allow 4-6 weeks for completion after March 1st. Incompleted forms will not be acted on.
  4. EOBA Team Entry for the current playing season must be processed in advance.
  5. All Insurance Certificate requests naming the tournament host as "additional insured" will be processed AFTER March 1st to be valid for the current playing season. Any play prior to March 1st will use previous season insurance. To obtain a certificate for your tournament host (only if they require one), complete the OBA form (Home - OBA ( then  Safe Sport, Insurance, Certificate Request Form).​​​​​​​