The Key to Our Success:
- Low participation fees due to generous sponsorship contributions
- Club Fee Subsidy Program for athletes with special financial needs
- Quality training for all athletes
- NCCP trained coaching staff
- Annual coaching development opportunities for all coaches
- Coaching staff supported by a club technical director
- Six to eight hours of weekly court training for all teams
- Physical training program for all age levels designed at the GPRC High Performance Training Centre
- Sport and Performance Psychology Program consisting of age level sessions designed to facilitate peak mental performance
- Healthy balance between commitment and flexibility to practice other sports
- National and international competition opportunities for the older age groups
- Year round training opportunities
- Volleyball fitness program
- Mental trianing system
- Individualized off season technical training
- Summer beach volleyball and gymnastics conditioning
- Hard Work!
Our Program (female/male)
- Jr. Blizzard Program (Oct – Dec.). We train 48 athletes for 8 sessions on the basic skills of volleyball. Participants finish their training with a small tournament to showcase their improvement.
- Club Season (Dec. – May). Our club offers teams from 13U to 18U. We typically train 3 days per week and all teams participate in the Volleyball Alberta Premier and Provincial Competitions. 14U to 18U compete in Western Canadian National Competitions supported by Volleyball Canada and teams will also compete in local Peace Country events.
- Spring Training (June). Athletes work with our Technical Director on specific training opportunities identified by our coaches.
- Fitness Program (year round). Athletes are instructed on sport specific training according to age.
- Beach Volleyball (July – August). We expose athletes to the beach game. Athletes are paired with members from other SPVC teams to compete for the Crystal Cup in this low key fun environment.
We believe that this program offering best prepares our athletes for a Post-Secondary volleyball experience. We promote learning in a challenging and fun environment. Our Technical Director, Andre Turgeon, oversees all our training opportunities and supports SPVC coaches with over 35 years of volleyball experience. SPVC is a very new club in Alberta and already we are one of the top performing clubs in the Province. We match great coaching with great athletes and provide life changing experiences by working hard and working together.