SOUTH PEACE VOLLEYBALL ASSOCIATION
The South Peace Volleyball Association was established in December of 2011 by a group of enthusiastic volleyball parents who wanted to support the creation of a new volleyball club for young female athletes in the Grande Prairie region.
Our association is a non-profit society that is not incorporated under the Societies Act of Alberta. It doesn’t have a charitable organization license with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission at this point.
The association facilitates the coaching staff’s work by looking after certain logistic aspects of the club’s programs and by overseeing the association’s finances.
What makes us unique
- Low participation fees due to generous sponsorship contributions
- Club Fee Subsidy Program for athletes with special financial needs
- Quality training for all athletes
- NCCP trained coaching staff
- Annual coaching development opportunities for all coaches
- Coaching staff supported by a club technical director
- Six to eight hours of weekly court training for all teams
- Healthy balance between commitment and flexibility to practice other sports
- National and international competition opportunities for the older age groups
- Year round training opportunities
- Volleyball fitness program
- Mental Training Program
- Physical Training Program
- Individualized off season technical training
- Summer beach volleyball and gymnastics conditioning
SPVC ATHLETE SUBSIDY
The SPVC player fee subsidy fund allows us to give out up to four scholarships a year to help athletes with financial limitations cover their athletic expense.
SPVC HANDBOOK (https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/cdn-app.teamlinkt.com/media/association_data/448/site_data/images/library/files/SPVC-Handbook-2018-v2(3).pdf)