CJNB Basketball 2021 League Rules
- All games will consist of (2) 15 minute halves with clock stopping on every whistle. If a team is up by 20 or more points the clock will become a running clock.
- 2 Minute Overtime if needed.
- Full court press is allowed the entire game with the exception of a 20 point difference, only team down by 20 points will allowed to press
- 4th Boys, 4th & 5th Girls, 5th Boys B Division: Full Court Press is allowed in the Last Three (3) minutes of the game
- 5th Boys A Division and 6th Girls: Full Court Press is allowed in the Last Six (6) minutes of the game.
- 6th Grade Boys B divison Full Court Press the entire second half.
- 6th Grade Boys A Division, 7th Grade Boys Divisions A&B, 8th Grade Boys Divisions A&B, 7th Grade Girls and 8th Grade Girls all can press the entire game.
- All game results will be emailed to email@example.com by the winning team within 48 hours after game completion. If NO SCORE has been sent game will be recorded as 0-0. Neither team will get points for the non reported game. Standings are calculated by the point system, 3 points for a win and 1 point for a loss. Max of 14 games will be used to determine the points, the first 14 games of the season schedule will be the games used in the calculation.
- Two- 30 Second Timeouts will be awarded to each Team per game.
- Two - 60 Second Timeouts will be awarded to each team per game.
- An additional timeout will be awarded to each team if overtime is required.
- Ball Size- 28.5 Ball will be used for the Boys (U10), (U11) (U12), & (ALL Girls) Divisions.
All other divisions will use a High School Regulation Size Ball
- A coach or player that receives two technical fouls will be ejected from the game and must leave the gym. That coach or player will be suspended for the next game and subject to disciplinary action.
- Five personal fouls will result in removal from the game.
- A team that does not arrive by the scheduled start time will forfeit the game after the fifteen (15) minute grace period. All teams need a minimum of five players to start the game. All players’ names must appear in the official book, and all players must be on the bench prior to the start of the 2nd half. Any player arriving after the start of the 2nd half is NOT eligible to play. Any team violating this rule will forfeit the game.
- A team will begin shooting one and one foul shots on the seventh foul, two shots will be awarded on the tenth team foul (In the U-10 Division the foul shooter may cross the line after releasing the ball, the foul shooter will not be able to go for the rebound.
- 3 bench coaches per team Head Coach, and 2 Assistant Coaches
For all crossover game press rules will be by the lowest division playing