KamHoops is a recreational Adult Basketball League dedicated to fun, fitness, safe play and respect for all involved. All participants (including players, coaches, officials and spectators) are expected to:
• Adhere to the Guest Code of Conduct set out by the City of Kamloops. Please read full guidelines as detailed in the Tournament Capital Centre and Westsyde Fitness Centre Use Guidelines document.
• Pay their league fees in a timely manner upon request from a team and/or KamHoops official.
• Demonstrate good sportmanship and be respectful of all other participants at all times.
• Refrain from unsportsmanlike conduct with any other participant(s) at all times.
• Refrain from any behavior which would endanger the health, safety, or well being of any other participant(s) at all times.
• Refrain from the use of profanity while attending or participating in KamHoops events, drop-ins or games.
• Never engage in verbal or physical threats or aim abuse at any other participant(s).
Any particpants that fail to abide by the above code of conduct, will be subject to disciplinary action that could include but is not limited to the following:
o Verbal warning by an official and/or the KamHoops organization.
o Written warning.
o Player game, season or permanent suspension.
o Team game, season or permanent suspension.
Any combination of two technical or unsportsmanlike fouls, OR a single disqualifying foul will result in a player being ejected from play for the remainder of that game and will trigger a review process to determine if additional suspension from future games is warranted.
When a participant is ejected from a game, play will not resume until they have completely vacated the playing area by leaving the facility. If the game is being played in running time, the time shall not be stopped and will continue to run. If an ejected player fails to leave promptly as requested this will result in suspension from future games and could also lead to the his/her team forfeiting the game.