Homestead Volleyball League Rules
1. A team consists of 6 players. You must play with at least 5 players, 2 of which must be women.
2. If not all players are present at your assigned start time, you will be given a 10-minute grace period to have all players present. If after the 10-minute grace period, you do not have a minimum of 5 players it is considered a forfeit for your team. You are welcome to play an “exhibition” game, but it will count as a loss in the standings. (Even if the other team agrees to allow you to play with 4 players).
3. Each member of the team shall serve in turn, (rotating clockwise).
4. Teams will volley for first serve. The team winning the volley will serve the first game. The team that loses serves the following game.
5. The server shall stand with both feet behind the rear boundary line and may not step on or over the boundary line until after the serve has been hit.
6. If a player touches the ball or the ball touches a player, he/she is considered as having played the ball, (exception: a block is not considered a hit). Each team may hit the ball 3 times before the ball is hit to the opposing team.
7. Players are not permitted to scoop, hold, or lift the ball.
8. Players MUST avoid touching, grabbing, and reaching over top of the net.
9. Players are not permitted to spike the ball on the serve when returning. Players aren’t allowed to come from back to front to spike.
10. It is legal to contact the ball with any part of the body as long as the ball rebounds immediately and does not “lie” against the body.
11. It is permissible to run out of bounds and play a ball before it contacts an object out of bounds. Once it hits an object out of bounds it is a dead ball. Please use caution when playing out of bounds.
12. When a ball touches a boundary line, it is considered good.
13. A ball touching the body more than once in succession is considered a double hit and is illegal except when blocking or on a hard driven spike.
14. A ball hit into the net by a team may still be kept in play provided the net isn’t touched by the players or it is not the third hit.
15. A ball is still in play if it hits the net and goes over into the opponent’s court during the volley and the serve.
16. If 2 players contact the ball simultaneously, it counts as one hit and either player may play the next hit.
17. A spiker must contact the ball on his/her side but may in the course of the follow through cross over, but not touch, the net. A player may never cross the plain of the net while blocking.
18. Twenty-one points wins the match. Teams must win by 2 points.
19. Tournament Games are best of 3 games, twenty-one points wins the match but must win by two points.
20. Substitutions may be made during the game so long as your team does not have more than 4 men on the court at a time and 2 woman.
21. During tournament play, any subs you have filling in for your team, that player must have played with your team at least once during regular season play.
22. Players may cross the centerline below the net during play provided that this does not interfere with the opponent’s play.
23. If a ball is hit onto the court you’re playing on, from another, all play is stopped. At this point this volley will be reserved, with no points being counted towards either team.
24. Most important rule of them all, HAVE FUN!!
Any further questions about rules check:
© 2021 Powered by TEAMLINKT