1. A team consists of 6 players. You must play with at least 4 players, 2 of which must be women (NO EXCEPTIONS).
2. If not all players are present at your assigned start time, you will be given a 10-minute grace period to have all players present. If after the 10-minute grace period, you do not have a minimum of 5 players (2 woman), your team will forfeit your first set. If after 20 min your players still are not present, it is considered a forfeit for your team. You are welcome to play an “exhibition” game, but it will count as a loss in the standings. (Even if the other team agrees to allow you to play with 4 players).
3. Each member of the team shall serve in turn, (rotating clockwise).
4. Teams will volley for first serve. The team winning the volley will serve the first game. The team that loses serves the following game.
5. The server shall stand with both feet behind the rear boundary line and may not step on or over the boundary line until after the serve has been hit. You must not cross the rear boundary line while serving even from the side of the boundary lines.
6. If a player touches the ball or the ball touches a player, he/she is considered as having played the ball, (exception: a block is not considered a hit). Each team may hit the ball 3 times before the ball is hit to the opposing team.
7. Players are not permitted to scoop, hold, or lift the ball.
8. Players MUST avoid touching, grabbing, grazing the net. Reaching over top of the net for a block that is intended for the second hit is not acceptable.
9. Players are not permitted to spike the ball on the serve when returning. Players aren’t allowed to come from back to front to spike.
10. It is legal to contact the ball with any part of the body as long as the ball rebounds immediately and does not “lie” against the body.
11. It is permissible to run out of bounds and play a ball before it contacts an object out of bounds. Once it hits an object out of bounds it is a dead ball. Please use caution when playing out of bounds.
12. A ball must be returned between the antennas or it is considered out of play and the opposing team is awarded a point.
13. When a ball touches a boundary line, it is considered good.
14. A ball touching the body more than once in succession is considered a double hit and is illegal except when blocking or on a hard driven spike.
15. A ball hit into the net by a team may still be kept in play provided the net isn’t touched by the players or it is not the third hit.
16. A ball is still in play if it hits the net and goes over into the opponent’s court during the volley and the serve.
17. If 2 players contact the ball simultaneously, it counts as one hit and either player may play the next hit.
18. A spiker must contact the ball on his/her side but may in the course of the follow through cross over, but not touch, the net. A player may never cross the plain of the net while blocking.
19. Twenty-one points wins the match. Teams must win by 2 points.
20. Tournament Games are best of 3 games, twenty-one points wins the match but must win by two points.
21. Substitutions may be made during the game so long as your team does not have more than 4 men on the court at a time and 2 woman present.
22. During tournament play, any subs you have filling in for your team, that player must have played with your team at least once during regular season play.
23. Players may cross the centerline below the net during play provided that this does not interfere with the opponent’s play.
24. If a ball is hit onto the court you’re playing on, from another, all play is stopped! At this point this volley will be reserved, with no points being counted towards either team.
25. If a ball is hit over the boundry nets, all play is stopped (on the court ball was hit from) until that ball has been retrieved.
26. Most important rule of them all HAVE FUN!!
27. On tournament days, players may only be on one team, in one division. No exceptions.
A team may never have more than 2 men on the court at one time
NUMBER OF PLAYERS / TEAM SIZE
A team may rotate any number of players into the game in set order or choose to have player for player substitutions.
PLAYERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE IN ANY GAME WITHOUT SIGNING THE WAIVER.
Players can return the serve by:
USA Volleyball Rules apply unless stated otherwise
~ Cannot have more than 2 males on the court
For further reference:
Check them out in your account!